Sunday, November 16, 2008

I Can Be Happy!!

Today in Nursery we talked about being HAPPY!! We practiced our sad faces as well as our Happy faces. I told the story of a little girl and her mommy. They were at the store and the little girl, Mary, noticed that everyone that passed by them were not smiling. She asked her mommy why. Her mommy said she didn't know, but that she had an idea that might help them smile. The two of them decided that if they smile at the sad people passing, maybe they could get them to smile and feel happy. So that's what they did and it worked!! We then played a game where all of the kids stood against the wall and put on their saddest faces ever!! One child would go to each of them and make silly faces to get them to smile. I took some pictures of the second class during this game, using my cell phone, and so I'll post them below :) I am really enjoying this calling! I have such a love for these kids!! They each have such neat, cute personalities and it is such a joy to be in there with them each week!!

If you chance to meet a FROWN, do not let it stay!!
quickly turn it upside down and SMILE that frown AWAY!!!
No one likes a FROWNey FACE...
CHANGE IT TO A SMILE!!!
......Make the world a BETTER PLACE...
....BY SMILING ALL THE WHILE!!!!!!!!!!!
....I don't know how his mommy stands to see this little sad face!! Looks like he's got it down to an art!!
These are some sad little faces!!

2 comments:

N Godown said...

Ha! Ha! Drake is so funny! I love his "frowny" face...no, more like "I'm gonna stare you down until you give me some candy!!" face. I get that one A LOT!

Jenny Roberts said...

Thank you! Sammy had a great time in nursery today.